Our mission and goal is to provide daily nutritional meals then support nutritional, physical, cognitive and socialization activities that will serve our senior population. This will enrich the daily lives of seniors by providing a creative environment that stimulates them nutritionally, physically, mentally and socially.
We work to provide a daily well-balanced lunch to seniors over the age of 60 who financially or physically may not be able to provide for themselves. Donations for a meal can be made and are always appreciated.
The Senior Activity Center vision is to provide wellness and dynamic growth opportunities for seniors such as optimal nutrition, and physical/social activities. We want seniors to have meaningful opportunities to enjoy life, interact with others and preserve their mental and physical well-being.
We strive to provide a positive climate in creating a professional atmosphere to incorporate these values:
- Helping seniors live their best lives by fostering a sense of belonging, purpose and well-being
- Maintaining individual’s dignity and sense of worth
- Creating an environment of freedom of choice for seniors to engage in activities in a safe and nurturing environment
- Every day we are committed to creating a welcoming and accessible place that is affordable and convenient for all seniors. We are an independent 501 (c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. We offer noon meals along with daily activities.
We suggest you come in anytime, you’ll make a friend or two and want to come back.
Senior Activity Center does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or creed in the admission, treatment or participation of its programs, services, activities, or employment.
We give seniors the opportunity to live the best life possible by including a wide variety of programs, activities, and classes, as well as special events:
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Daily Nutritional Meals
- New Knowledge Adventure Classes
- TAI CHI and Fit and Fall Class
- Education and Health Information
- Wednesday Luncheon Live Entertainment
- Dance Lessons
- Card Games Daily
- Jackpot Bingo
- Social Dances
- Arts and Crafts
- Billiard Room
- Field Trips